This is an easy, quick sauce that you can throw together in minutes. Vary the seasonings as you like – I prefer the traditional garlic, oregano and basil. Delicious and fat free!
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove (or more) garlic, minced
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1 t. oregano
- 1/2 t. basil
- Saute onion and garlic in a small pan with a tablespoon or two of water until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano and basil and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.